Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our Halloween Party


We finally had the kids Halloween party this past Friday.I say finally because it seemed to take forever for the day to get here,and it was over way too fast!

I spent hours making food,all with a Halloween theme.There was a watermelon brain,graveyard taco dip,string cheese fingers,hot dog mummies and more.Sadly I was so caught up in the process,I forgot to take pictures of the food! I did get lots of the kids and their costumes though!

For decorations,we made ghosts,bats,pumpkins and more to hang up everywhere out of construction paper.We also strung webbing all over and had 2 fantastic banners made for the occasion.Be sure to watch for my review of them!

The kids played games including the mummy wrap game,the circle game and relay races.Our prizes included Zhu Zhu Pets,Beyblades,Carolina Pad items and more.

There were about 20 people present for the party,and it was a big hit.I did learn a lesson though-give yourself extra time to make all the food by hand.It took forever to hand carve the brain and I had to leave the bottom sides unfinished because I ran out of time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy the banner turned out well! I look forward to seeing your review of it!