Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives Get Together


I am a supporter of breast cancer.I "think pink" all the time and do whatever I can to support the cause and spread the word.As a female,I am at risk,and so are you.I know that men can and do get breast cancer,but to me it is a disease that targets women.

When I was offered the chance to hold a Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives® get-together,thanks to Pssst-General Mills,and My Get Together,I jumped on it.This would give me a chance to continue my support and invite my friends to do the same.I received a hostess package to assist in the get-together,which contained-

- A $15 cash card to purchase Yoplait yogurt to serve during the get-together.This enabled me to get a variety of flavors that everyone could enjoy.

- 15 product information sheets with coupon  to share with my guests
- A self exam shower hanger-this is really nice and I think everyone should have one
- Breast health flyers to distribute to my guests
- A copy of the book Promise Me, Nancy G. Brinker, the founder and CEO of Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- A Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives bookmark for me to give as a party prize.I used mine for the person who brought the most lids with them
 They even included an allergen fact sheet so the guests could check the ingredients!

I invited a few friends and they brought some others as well.We discussed the ways to fight the cause,our favorite "pink" items and events and more.All my guests were thrilled to attend and happy to bring their Ypolait lids so we could mail them in.One of them even offered to mail all the lids collected for me as a thank you for inviting her!

I gave these cute Pink Ribbon Sharpie markers as favors along with the coupons and pink ribbon bracelets!


I know plenty of people are touched every day by breast cancer.So far I have been blessed to not know anyone who has been diagnosed with it,but I am aware that it can strike anyone,any time.That alone is enough reason to do what we can to put a stop to this horrid disease forever.You can do your part by turning in your own lids,purchasing "pink" products or just spreading the word about what can be done.


* I was given the mentioned items to assist in my party.The opinions are my own.
**Yoplait and Save Lids to Save Lives are registered trademarks of YOPLAIT Marques Internationales SAS (France) and are used under license.

No comments: