Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tiny Prints and the Best Teacher

When I was in 8th grade I had the best teacher of my life.Mr. Downard was a Vietnam vet who taught me more then anyone else in my school days.I have talked about this to friends and family hundreads of times over the years and every time it comes up there is always someone else who thinks the same thing.I still use the quotes and tricks of the English language to teach my kids.I am 30 so it has been about 17 years since my 8th grade English days ,yet I still remember TINSTAFL,the acronym for There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.Not only did he teach us the saying  (and the word acronym) but he taught us the meaning behind it and how each thing  in life has a cost,maybe not to you,maybe not right now, but in the end.

I learned The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe and what each word and phrase meant..I can still quote it to this day.These things meant something to me.I really don't care about punctuation and grammer as much as life and its lessons,and Mr Downard was a fabulous life experience.I wish he was still a teacher,I would move to send my kids to him.

Tiny Prints has decided to help you honor your favorite teacher by offering  free teacher cards now tomorrow through October 31st!

"To honor teachers everywhere who are preparing for their school year, Tiny Prints has designed greeting cards to meet their needs. They can send each student a personalized welcome greeting card, connect with their student's parents with a thank you card and celebrate their students with award cards" Teachers can take advantage of this special offer for Teacher Greeting Cards by entering the code Apple2010 at checkout.


You can be part of the fun by joining the Tiny Prints Teacher Greeting Card Twitter Party using  the tag #makeitpersonal this Wednesday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. ET/1:00 to 2:00 p.m. PT.






Have A Great Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site hollowsinshaven.blogspot.com
Is this possible?