Monday, November 5, 2012

Pine Bros Throat Drops



Winter is coming and with it will be the sniffles,coughs and colds associated with cold weather.I always dread it getting colder because I know that means my children will be stricken with at least one episode of runny noses,headaches and coughing,sleepless nights.I hate cold season,but knowing there is not much I can do to change the weather,I just try to stay prepared and well stocked.Thanks to my newest sponsors at Pine Bros.,I had a little help with part of that this year.

Created in 1870 by J Herman Pine,Pine Bros throat drops are available in cherry and honey flavors.Both flavors come in bags and puck dispensers and can be purchased nationwide at CVS pharmacy.They were originally created and sold in the US by the Pine brothers,but the company eventually ended up being sold,and the items made overseas.The company has recently been purchased by creator and former owner of Airborne,Victoria Knight-McDowell and Pine Bros throat drops are once again available in the United States where they began.

I am a fan of cherry throat lozenges,so that was my first choice to try.My children also selected cherry when the need for something soothing struck The first thing I noticed was that the throat drops are softer than expected.This was a bit strange at first,but it keeps children from chewing them right away and missing the soothing effect as intended.They did have a slight flavor,but not as strong as I am used to.I won't say this is a negative,but it is a change from what I had assumed.

I hate to send my kids to school when they don't feel well,but I know I cannot keep them home from school every time they have a sniffle.I try my best to make sure they have what they need instead.Tissues,sanitizer and cough drops are always on the top of that list.My kids have to have a note every day to take medicated cough drops at school.I always write one,but if they lose or misplace it,then they have to do without all day.When I sent my oldest with one of the puck style containers of Pine Bros,the teacher never said a word about a note and he was able to use them as needed throughout the day.


There are 26 drops in each puck dispenser and 32 in each bag,so either size works well for multiple family members to share.The pucks are especially convenient for stashing in a book bag,purse, lunchbox and more.I was sent a ton of these for my review,so I shared them with friends,neighbors and family members too.I have noticed several of them using these since,and have had no negative comments from anyone so far.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: