Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decorating for Christmas

I am decorating for Christmas a little early this year.I have no idea if I will be walking by then,so I wanted to get my tree up before I go in for surgery.This was a huge process because I needed to move my computer and desk into my bedroom.In order to do that,I had to rearrange my room to make it easier for me to get to the bathroom.At least we have our own bathroom and shower so I don't have to go far or wait for the kids to get out of there.


Once we finished moving everything in those rooms,I was able to put up the tree.Last year we bought a white tree with lights so I didn't have to mess with that.My husband and I take turns decorating the tree,He likes a ton of different colors all thrown together,while I like a matching tree with just 2 or 3 colors.He likes real trees,I like artificial.He prefers an array of mismatched ornaments and I like mine to match the lights and bows or ribbons on the tree.

My children help hang the bulbs and spread the tree skirt.They like putting gifts under the tree too.I am pretty sure that's because they want to feel or shake them to see if they can tell what they are.I usually let them put gifts for my nieces and nephews under there and keep their gifts hidden until Christmas Eve.



No comments: