Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fix It With Gaffer Tape




I am always having to fix things around the house. With my husband on the road driving all the time, if something needs attention right away, it is up to me to fix it. That is unless I want to let it spill, run, drip or whatever it is doing until he comes back home. That might work for something things, but not everything can wait for days on end to be repaired.


I am not the most handy person who ever walked the earth, so I am always in need of a quick and easy way to correct an issue. If it involves a ton of tools and a million steps, I am likely to get annoyed quickly. When I first tried the gaffer tape, I knew it was the answer to this dilemma for me. It gave me the extra hand I needed without actually having another hand to work with.

Gaffer Tape is mainly used by professionals in the arts and entertainment industry to secure cables and wires to podiums, stages and more. The non reflective surface allows it to blend in with it's surroundings instead of standing out and drawing attention to itself. It is very flexible, allowing it to have multiple uses, and it peels off easily without leaving any residue behind or causing any damage to the surface you apply it to.



One of the things I like best about Gaffer tape is that you don't need anything to cut it. You simply tear it in strips or however you need it with your hands. I always have the worst time trying to hold tape, scissors and whatever I am working on, while trying to cut off each piece that I need. It is so much more simple to just tear off a strip as I go along, without having to deal with extra tools and steps.

I used this to bind cords together to keep them from being a crazy mess behind my computer. It works well and it doesn't cause any damage to them. I also used it to seal a box that was being shipped to make sure it didn't open before it was supposed to. My daughter used it to build a fort for her to play in and we even used it to tape up a costume that was too long so it didn't drag on the ground. It worked great on all the materials we tried ti with and held strong each time. I imagine we will find many more uses for it over time too!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: