Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What's for Dinner? - Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry

I did the grab and go kind of shopping this week, so that means going through the cabinets and freezer to see what I can make out of it all. I had plenty of options, it was just a matter of deciding on one certain thing each day. This is one of my menu selections from the week.


I began with seasoned chicken breast from the meat counter at Kroger. I used Bourbon flavored chicken in mine, but other flavors may work just as well or you could use plain chicken breast, steak or turkey too. 
I added mixed vegetables including green beans, carrots, cauliflower, onions and peppers. I sauteed the vegetables in olive oil and seasoning in a Green Pan on the grill. I diced the chicken and made a foil packet with butter and seasoning for the chicken and grilled it too. Once they were finished, I added the chicken to the veggies for a great skillet stir fry meal.




I used baking mix to make biscuits, Bisquick or home made biscuit mix works just as well. I add a little butter, garlic salt and sliced cheddar to mine before dropping on the baking sheet for cheesy garlic butter biscuits.


I sliced Idaho potatoes and deep fried them for yummy fries seasoned with a little salt, pepper and parsley.


I went the easy way and made Kraft Mac and Cheese Spongebob version with this. Since that was a box food I'm not including photos of it. Not bad for a totally winged meal on a weekday night right?


No comments: