Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentines Dinner at Red Robin

My husband and I try to go to different places to eat when we get the chance.I am so picky it is hard for me to find anything at some places.We usually end up taking turns selecting where to go,or going somewhere neither of us has ever been.

A few days before Valentines Day,we saw a commercial for Red Robin.I know it probably sounds strange,but we had never been there before.I had heard great things,but we just never ended up there.When he saw the commercial,the husband suggested going there for Valentines Day and we agreed to do just that.


We started with the cheeseburger queso dip.This is served hot with colored tortillas and hand fried ones as well.I am not sure what I expected,but I was amazed by how good this was.The flavor was rich and the mix of ingredients was perfect.It might be a little heavy on the seasoning,but that is what makes it so good.We didn't finish it all and ended up bringing the rest home with us.It lasted until the next day when the husband finished it off.

 Brad chose to go with the prime rib sandwich with Au Jus,fries and coleslaw.I always steal a bite of his since my meals choices never seem to come with it, and I always forget to order some, until I see his.



I went with the Patty Melt.The bread was toasted perfectly with just enough butter,I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this twisted versions of a Reuben.The caramelized onion in place of the sauerkraut was delicious over the beef patty and swiss cheese.They served it with a side of thousand island dressing for the fries..yum!

One thing I did find funny.While we were eating I was taking these photos for the blog.The next thing I know,the manager comes over and tells us that because we had to wait so long (about an hour) on our meal,he had taken care of the whole bill.We didn't even notice we had been there that long and tried to tell him it was fine,but he insisted.I don't know if it had anything to do with taking photos or not,but just in case,I will take pics every time we go out from now on!

2 comments:

Alisha K said...

This looks amazing. My husband and I are going for a little getaway this weekend and every since seeing this post I have been bugging him about Red Robin as we have neither been to one. This Saturday finally I get to try it out:)

Hollowsins said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.The atmosphere is great too,which I didn't really mention.