Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Black Shard Book Review


Not too long ago,I wrote a review of  The Magic Warble . If you missed it,the Magic Warble is about a girl named Kristina and her journey to another land called Bernovem.While there,she meets dwarfs and fairies,talking creatures and a prince named Werrian.Kristina must help save the land from the evil queen while dealing with traitors,traps and problems along the way.I loved the book and am pleased to be able to tell you about the sequel.


The Black Shard begins with our favorite heroin Kristina spending her summer at  horse camp.If that's not bad enough,she has to spend it with Hester and Davina,the girls she was trapped in Bernovem with before and goes to school with in her normal life.When one of the girls pulls a prank gone wrong,the girls end up back in the magical land once again.Soon after arriving,Kristina is reunited with Werrian who asks her to travel with him on his ship to Tezerel,the land where he is from.

Being so excited to see Werrian again,and happy to be in the enchanted land ,Kristina agrees to go.Little does she know she is going on a trip that will take everything she has to survive with her sanity and her life.Along the way,she will meet new characters,and encounter some old friends too.Will Kristina discover the secrets that surround her? Will the evil that lurks be victorious?

I don't want to spoil the story for you,so I won't tell you the rest.I will say, this was another great story from Victoria Simcox. One thing I really like about these books is the language.There is nothing inappropriate or questionable in the books,which makes them great for kids.The story lines are interesting and keep the reader involved.My boys are 8 and 10 and they both read and loved this book.They are already asking if another one is coming out soon. I think it took them about 3 days to finish this by reading after school each day.


***All opinions on my blog are my own and may not be the same as anyone else..that's why they are mine.I receive sample items in order to write a fair and honest review.No other form of compensation was received.***

No comments: