Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Day at Magic Mountain

Last week my family and I took the day to visit Magic Mountain in Columbus Ohio. While we have been to places like this, we had never been there before, so it was a new experience for everyone.



 Magic Mountain is a mixture of indoor and outdoor fun for the whole family. They feature batting cages, miniature golf, go-carts and more. Plus, there is an indoor playground and an arcade full of games. This was a big plus for us because the kids love playing those games for tickets. They will spend forever deciding what to cash them in for at the end.


After getting a look at everything outside, we then headed in to get familiar with how it worked. You could see on the board the individual prices for each attraction, or you could get a wrist band that allowed each person to do three activities. Since we were given the bands, we decided to start with a family trip on the go-carts.


The kids had a blast cruising around the track and trying to pass one another. My daughter was a bit scared at first, but by the end of the first lap, she was loving it. She wanted to go by herself but was too small, so she rode once with me and once with my husband.



We opted for a round of mini-golf next. They had two different courses but we went for the full 18 holes. They even supplied different colored balls so we each could have our own. We found the right sized clubs for everyone and set off to play.



The kids got a little bored with this about half way through. I think the course was a bit hard for them on some holes, especially when the ball dropped from level to level, through water spouts and under the waterfall. They kept losing track of their balls or landing them in the water, but all in all it was fun.


We spent awhile playing games at the arcade too. We grabbed the biggest pack of tokens they offered- 100 of them for $20. The kids go through them pretty quickly but they have a blast doing it. When they finished we went to the prize counter and cashed them in for prizes. Woo-hoo!




*I admit... I had no idea there was even one that close to me until I saw them on USFamilyGuide. I was provided with free bands so we could check out the attractions. All opinions are that of myself and my family.

No comments: