Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Avengers Screening Was A Blast

I was lucky enough to be able to go see The Avengers earlier this week at a special screening.My husband is a huge Captain America fan and I love Tony Stark (aka Ironman),so this was perfect for us.

We were able to see it in IMAX 3D and I loved it.The last time I watched a 3D movie was,ironically,Captain America and I wasn't really impressed.This time,however,thanks to Marvel, Lennox Theatres and IMAX,I was more than happy.There were a few times when I had to stop myself from reaching out to touch something on the screen it was that real.I even jumped once,which is something I don't normally do.

I don't claim to know everything about each of the included characters,but with 2 boys,I know enough.The movie did a pretty good job of following the previous films of the characters.They are never exactly the same  as the comic versions,but this wasn't too bad.I was glad to see some old favorites return and enjoyed the hostility that existed between the Avengers characters.

I won't tell you too much about the movie,you just have to see it for yourself.I will say I had one issue with the film.The ending scenes were basically the same as the last Transformers movie.Obviously the characters were different.If you haven't had a chance to see that yet,you won't have a clue,but if you have,you will probably notice it right away.

I enjoyed the experience and the film very much and was glad to have been able to see it.I have told everyone I know to watch it too,even though some of them look at me like I am a little nuts..oh well.





No comments: