Thursday, August 28, 2014

School Is Back In Session


Even though summer is hectic and the kids have a way of making the days seem to last forever, I hate when it is time for school again. I dread the early mornings and all the extra details that come with three kids in school, and all of them being in advanced classes. They have assignments, meetings, trips, fundraisers and chaos galore. I wish they could just stay home all the time, but then I would probably lose my sanity in under a year and have to spend some quality time in a padded room.

The worst part of school is keeping track of who needs what, has to be where, can't forget this and must have that. They always have some special project to do or assignment they have to work on at home, so that means I have to do them all too. I am mom and I have to fit it in between writing, posting, planning, cooking, cleaning and about a million other things during the day.


I have learned over the years to try and be as prepared as possible. I try to always have paper, pencils, crayons and markers, glue and other random school related items on hand. At least this saves me from having to make extra trips to the store for a roll of tape or construction paper.

What about you? Are you excited when the kids start school or do you dread the daily routine that comes with it?


No comments: