Monday, June 6, 2011

My Movie Reviews-Unthinkable

I haven't done these in quite awhile.We usually rent movies to watch on the weekends because that is when we have the most time to do so.The kids,of course, like to get the newest comedy or animation movies,but my husband and I prefer the more mature films.

I don't know if you have heard of the movie Unthinkable,but if you haven't seen it yet,I highly recommend doing so.Starring Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Sheen and Carrie-Anne Moss. It was released direct-to-video in June of last year.
I will say,this movie is not for everyone.If you are sickened by torture,blood or the acts of terrorists,you may not want to watch this movie.However,if you want to see a film that tells what we really do with the people accused of terrorism against America,run to Blockbuster and grab a copy! I am not saying what happens is right,or that it should have to happen to anyone.I am just saying,in times of absolute desperation,people will do things they never imagined and this movie shows you what they are.

The story tells of a man who says he planted bombs in the United States.He gets himself arrested and informs them of his actions and the situation he has created.While agents are trying to uncover the location of the bombs,the man is tortured,abused and threatened.I was not so surprised by this,we see it in movies all the time.What I was surprised by was the eventual acceptance of the actions by our portrayed government.There was no sugar-coating in this one!

No comments: