Sunday, February 16, 2014

Keeping My Balance After Surgery


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

If you follow my blog, then you know I have had issues with my foot for years now. I was scheduled for surgery a couple weeks ago, but that didn't work out so well. Now, armed with a new set of doctors and some vitamin supplements, I will be having surgery in less than 3 weeks...again.

Because this is not new to me, I know some of the things I will need already. I had issues going up and down steps before and I used a cane to help with that. I assumed that the kind with several feet on them were better, but it always seemed to be off balance. When I saw the option to review one of the precision sporty canes, I figured I might as well try it and see if I had better results.


The Sport, by Sabi is a single piece,lightweight, rubber-dipped cane that works great for on the go. I received a Purple Rain colored cane to review, and was surprised by the grip it had. I expected a shaky grip with only one tip, but the large, no-slip, shock absorbent tip worked quite well. I used this on ice and snow, since we have been hammered with it here in Ohio, as well as indoors on smooth and carpeted surfaces. I had no issues with it, and was actually glad I had it a couple of times. It has held up well in this bad weather, so I know it will be useful to me this spring when I am able to walk around again!


The cane is available in small,medium and large custom sizes,to better suit the height of the user, and is made in 4 bright colors too. I know the Sport will be getting much more use during my recovery stages and would suggest it to anyone who needs a little assistance getting around. I tested it with my full weight to check it's use when one leg doesn't work well, and as an extra "crutch" when walking too. I plan to replace my claw foot cane with this after surgery.


You can keep up with Sabi and all their products here-
Website: http://www.sabi.com
Blog: blog.sabi.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sabibrand
Twitter: @sabi_brand


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: