Sunday, October 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Hawaiian Luau Pork


I have been trying to make new food to eat around my home. I hate eating boxed mixes or ready to eat items most of the time, so I look for recipes that allow me to be more creative.
When I came across the Campbell's  Slow Cooker Sauces, I thought that might make something different for a dinner. I selected the Hawaiian Luau mix with pineapple, mango and bell peppers to make some yummy pulled pork.



I grabbed a pork roast from the store and seasoned it with basil, salt and pepper and roasted it in the oven until cooked. I allowed it to cool slightly and shredded it to get the right consistency. I used a grater to get the perfect pulled look, added the Campbell's sauce, and allowed it to simmer.

When it finished we put it on slider buns and it was delicious! I plan to try more of the Campbell's sauces soon!

No comments: