Monday, October 28, 2013

Bella Sun Lucci Products Add Flavor to Your Dish




I love creating new and delicious meals for my family. I cannot stand having the same meals over and over, so any time I can add something or change ingredients to create something different, I do. I love to add vegetables to my meals and try to get them in anywhere I can. I season and cook with olive oil for extra flavor too.

I recently had a chance to review a variety of tomato products from the Bellla Sun Lucci line. This family owned and operated manufacturer located in Northern California is the largest producer of sun dried tomatoes in the U.S. They offer a selection of items that are sure to add zip to your recipes.



 I tried the Julienne Cut Tomatoes with Italian Herbs first. I made some yummy meatball mix for mozzarella stuffed meatballs and added some of them to the mix. Because these are in extra virgin olive oil, I strained them first and set them on a paper towel to drain. I diced them to make them smaller and they added a nice sun dried flavor to my meal. These are nicely sized for cooking. They are large enough to taste them, but not so large that they overtake a recipe.

I also tried Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts. I chose to add this to my mini sourdough sandwiches. I spread a dollop across one slice of the bread, topped it with turkey, diced bacon and Gouda and covered with another slice. The pesto added a tangy zip to my sandwiches that they kids liked so well, they started adding it to both slices of each one.

I sampled their Bruschetta with Italian basil as well and used it to spread directly on toasted Italian bread topped with Mozzarella. I served this as a side with pasta and it was delicious. It was similar to the above photo the sponsor provided for my review.

Each of these 8.5 oz jars can be used in many different ways. You can add them to recipes, used them out of the jar, combine them with other toppings and more. I enjoyed all three of the types I sampled and would buy them again any time. I was also sent a jar of the Sun Dried Tomato halves with Italian Herbs. I chose to share these with a friend so she could try them with her family too. I am not sure what she plans to use them in, but I am sure she will love them as much as we did.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: