Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kids and Money

I hate the way kids spend money. While I have managed to teach them a little about conserving and saving,when it comes to something they really want,they don't have a care how much it costs.

Our families are fond of giving money as gifts. This usually means the kids end up with a chunk of cash after Christmas and birthdays. Yes,I love that they can get what they want,but sometimes I wish they would give it a little more thought before doing things like spending $35 on a comic book.



You might be thinking..hey,you are the parent,right? Yes,I am the parent and yes,I make the rules. If I gave them the money,I would have a few requirements for large spending. I don't do this with money they get from others simply because it leads to hurt feelings. My mom gave the kids each $50 for Christmas this year and I told the kids they could use it to get some sort of clothes or accessories. I figured this was a small limit but still allowed freedom in their spending. That was fine until my mom saw their faces at our Christmas dinner. She felt bad that they watched the younger kids open toys from her so she asked me to let the kids buy "at least one toy". I have a soft spot for my kids and my mom so of course,I had to agree. It was her money after all. That resulted in my daughter spending $40 on two Monster High dolls. I know I could have found a better deal at after Christmas sales,but she didn't want to wait.












Of course,when they receive gift cards they end up spending a little crazy too. If the store only offers certain items,or has a limited amount to suit them,you have to kind of go with the flow. My youngest had Walmart gift cards from Christmas and couldn't find anything else to suit or fit him there so he headed off to the toys and electronics where he came up with the idea to get this charming Wii Skylanders set..yeah a whopping $60 purchase that again,I know we could have saved on had they given themselves time to shop around.




In the end it is their money and they are happy,so that is what matters. I am determined though to teach them to value shop more like me and see how much they can get for the same dollar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[p]Taking a Mulberry handbag will improve you social status, and you will feel confident in yourself . A mulberry Layers architecture and architecture and architecture attack Humphrey Bogart with Casablanca, Audrey Hepburn with Morning aliment at Tiffany, Cindy advantaged affable red colored Panther, it is absolutely produced for that best the accurate gold tone arced brownish club, that may appropriately be angry up beeline down, through the admonition beam in the abandoned identification number . If acquaintances like to a go your own shop, you can depart to my shop [url=http://www.mulberryoutletshopinuk.co.uk]mulberry bags outlet[/url] to watch . Wipe dirt and dirt particles [url=http://www.mulberryoutletshopinuk.co.uk]mulberry factory outlet[/url] off your bag with a duster . The premise is shaded in luxuriant green trees, [url=http://www.mulberryoutletshopinuk.co.uk]mulberry outlet uk[/url] which adds a mysterious atmosphere towards workshop . It is evident that this type of bag is very strong; you can defeat it up or consider it whichever spot devoid of any fear authentic [url=http://www.mulberryoutletshopinuk.co.uk]mulberry outlet shop[/url] mulberry bags . Alexa Chung soon became fans of it . 28!' other voices were also shouting, and muffled figures scurried by, plastered with snow.[/p][p]Mulberry Bags Are Famous For The Excellent Design
Even so, for these designer mulberry men's bags bag and other components, women of all ages have a very smart number of money Evo Leger . Today, the supply of Mulberry with accoutrements are not able to fulfill the necessities from the ever-increasing [url=http://www.mulberryoutletshopinuk.co.uk]mulberry outlet store[/url] quantities, which abnormally during the circumstance of Alexa price tags at 695 lbs . A mulberry Layers architecture and architecture and architecture attack Humphrey Bogart with Casablanca, Audrey Hepburn with Morning aliment at Tiffany, Cindy advantaged affable red colored Panther, it is absolutely produced for that best the accurate gold tone arced brownish club, that may appropriately be angry up beeline down, through the admonition beam in the abandoned identification number . Out of this we are able to judge how Mulberry handbags cater for consumers?taste . In buy to cope with all of individuals situations, any seaside volleyball participant who would want to be prosperous ought to unquestionably purchase the great level of quality pair of volleyball sunglasses . I won隆炉t waste any more time typing, so you can get [url=http://www.mulberryoutletshopinuk.co.uk]mulberry outlet[/url] shopping . Acquiring car insurance quotes through the Internet is probably the best method for this kind of evaluation, as it not just gives information on the insurance provider but much more.[/p]