Sunday, January 18, 2015

Instanatural Dead Sea Mud Mask




I use as many different products as I need to keep my skin looking and feeling it's best. Sometimes that means applying creams, powders and lotions multiple times a day, but in the end it is worth it to extend the life of my skin.

One of my favorite type of products to use for skin health is a mask. I love knowing my skin is being cleansed and rejuvenated, and like it best when I can feel the mask as it works. That was the way I felt using the Dead Sea Mud Mask from Instanatural. 



When I first opened the jar containing this mask, I was a bit hesitant. The product certainly looks like it's name, a thick, grey colored mud blend. It looked so crazy I couldn't even get my daughter to try it at first. Looks can be deceiving though. Once I dipped into the jar I was surprised to find that it doesn't feel like it looks. The mud mask is actually quite creamy, not thick and clumpy like I was expecting it to be. 


One thing I can say for sure is that you can smell this mask right away. It isn't a gross smell, but it does have a distinct outdoor scent to it. As you apply this mud mask, you can feel a coolness on your skin. The mask is a little difficult to apply. It is so creamy that it seems to almost slip a little when applying. I covered an area and went back to get a spot I missed, but that just caused the mud to move around and still left spaces that were uncovered. 


Within minutes of applying I could feel the mask begin to tighten It wasn't an unpleasant tightening, just enough to notice it. I let the mask set as directed and although it did stiffen up, it didn't turn hard and crusty like some I have tried before. It was easy to wipe off and didn't leave any residue behind. 
I noticed right away a change in how soft my face felt. The skin was so soft and my pores were clean and clear. Even several days later I could still feel how silky smooth my face felt. While I am not big on the look of this, I do love the results I see!

*I received a sample item for review. All opinions are my own from personal experience.


No comments: