Monday, June 23, 2014

Icky Stick For Tough Toilet Cleaning





I will be the first to tell you I hate cleaning bathrooms. It is one thing to clean my own bathroom. I am in there every day, so I tend to clean as I go along. When it comes to the kids bathroom, that is a whole different story. I swear to you, my kids can create chaos no matter where they are, now imagine that locked into a bathroom for s few minutes and you get what I mean. Cleaning in there is hazardous to my health, but as mom, I have to do it anyway or it won't get finished to my satisfaction. 



Thankfully the people at Icky Stick understand my pain. They offered me a chance to cut down on my scrubbing time with this toilet cleaning stick. The Icky Stick is made of 


Intended for getting the mess inside your toilet, this stick works wonders on hard water stains. I have tried so many different cleaners trying to prevent it, but even clean water sitting in the bottom leaves massive stained areas. The water here is hard all year round too. I used this stick first with just the water in the bowl, cleaning the top part under the rim and it removed everything in seconds. For the bottom, I added some toilet cleaner and scrubbed and was surprised that it was able to remove some of that too.


The corners work well on the curved areas of the bowl but I had difficulty getting to the rounded bottom part. This just wasn't shaped right to reach the whole area. I skipped over what I couldn't reach and went back to it later after the edges of the Icky Stick had rounded down. That helped some and I was able to reach more of the stain. 

I liked that this helped me clean with less hassle than normal, but noticed that the stick only lasts for a couple of cleanings before it is wore down and needs replaced. If you don't have hard water or much of anything to scrub, then you might get a few more uses out of it. All in all it does what it says and it easy to use. This would be great for traveling where you might want to clean before you sit and perfect for RVs too. I would even add this to a gift bag for newlyweds or a housewarming basket.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: