Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rise of the Planet of the Apes Movie Review



Have you had a chance to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes? After the previews I waited,not so patiently, for months for this movie to come out so I could see it.I predicted it as the best movie last year and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.I didn't see every movie released,but of the ones I did,this was the best.Everything about it wasn't perfect,but then again,no movie is.There were a couple of times when I thought it could have went a little differently or addressed something a little more,but all in all it was a great movie.

What would happen if the animals we experiment on decided to rise up against us? How much do we underestimate the intelligence of the apes and other animals in captivity?

Caesar has been raised in a private home since he was rescued from the facility where he was born.He was the only survivor from the Alzheimer's research experiments after a his mother felt threatened and attacked the workers.The mother is shot and the others ordered killed.Not wanting the baby ape to die,Will (James Franco) had been raising him at home with his father,who suffered from Alzheimer's himself.When an accident happens,Caesar is forced to move to the facility where he is treated like the other experiment animals.Caesars intelligence cause him to question who he is and where he comes from and resent being treated as an animal.Chaos erupts when Caesar has had enough and strikes back by releasing the drug that makes him smarter into the facility,enhancing the intelligence of the other apes.

 Caesar is an amazing animal who leads the others on a journey of  freedom when they break out of the cages that hold them.All they wanted was to be free and away from the cages,tests and experiments they had to endure.

I loved this movie.I enjoyed watching Caesar grow and learn and was thrilled when he actually spoke.I highly recommend this movie.


No comments: