Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Movie Reviews-The Lincoln Lawyer



It's that time again..movie reviews by ..me! I usually have a list of movies that I want to see and if I don't.. the husband does.We try to rent movies on weekends so we can spend a little quality time together.Last week I cashed in some points from e-rewards for Blockbuster Express codes so we logged on and found the ones we wanted.My husband had been waiting to see The Lincoln Lawyer,so it was a must have.I admit I really didn't remember seeing previews or anything for this movie,so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Based on the novel by Michael Connelly,the movie starts out with Mick Haller (Mathew McConaughey) doing his rounds as a defense attorney who wheels and deals out of the back of his Lincoln Town Car.Haller is asked to take a new client by a "friend" who says he referred the client to him.Upon meeting the client Louis Roulet (Ryan Phillippe), he hears the story and starts to believe he just might be innocent of the accused assault and attempted murder.

The movie starts to twist when things aren't turning out as initially thought.Is the victim really a victim or a scam artist out to con Roulet of his money by accusing him of a crime he didn't commit? Can Haller figure out the mess before it comes crashing down around him? I don't want to tell you more or it may spoil the movie for those that haven't seen it yet.

My take on it-
I was able to predict some of what happened in this movie-which didn't surprise me.It actually reminds me of another movie,but I just can't remember the name of it.The overall movie was worth watching if you enjoy a good twister.A little drama mixed with some exceptional lawyer tricks makes it a decent story,though a little more originality would have gone a long way.I wouldn't pay to see this in theatres,and probably wouldn't rent it again either,but I would watch it on cable if it were on.

No comments: