Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Smash Reviews-Dot Girl

There comes a day in every girls life when she has to deal with that dreaded P word.I remember my first experiences with mother nature and the monthly "gift".I hated it.My mom was not very open about periods and we never really addressed the subject beforehand.I had,of course ,watched those horrible videos in health class at school(who makes those things?) but I still had no idea what I was going to go through.I knew what a pad was but no idea how it worked or why.

Thankfully girls today don't have to worry about that so much.There are many products and places to find information these days and one that I like is Dot Girl. Dot Girl offers many different products for girls during this trying time.


The Bff Period Panties are made of cotton/spandex and have a breathable extra layer built in to help keep leaks inside and not on their clothes.I know I have had a couple of experiences with leaks and would have loved to have something like this when I was just learning.

Dot girl offers great books like

"This guide, written by our friend Amy Lang of Birds + Bees + Kids, will help you clarify your values and beliefs about sexuality, love and relationships. You will have the solid foundation you want and need to talk to your kids about this important part of life. The exercises are short, easy to understand and leave you feeling confident and inspired to talk to your kids. No other book will prepare you for the "sex talk" like this one."






I received the The Dot Girls First Period Kit to review. The kit came in a cute pink zippered bag and was full of essentials for that special girl.The kit contains-

The Dot Girl's First Period Guide® , a 12-page booklet with answers to common questions

The Dot Girl's Period Calendar®, a simple way for a girl to track her periods
One Ultra Thin Kotex® Pad With Wings
Two Kotex® Lightdays® Panty Liners
Kotex® product brochure (product claims only valid within the U.S.)
One store coupon for FREE Kotex® products -a $4.90 value (valid only within the U.S.)
Reusable Dot Girl Warm Pad, a heating pad handy for soothing cramps
Scensibles™ Petite Pak (3 disposal bags inside)
Hand Wipes 

I was able to sit down with Bri and go over what each thing was and what it was for.This was much easier having everything right there together and even a place to keep it until it is needed!

Dot Girl has offered a 10% discount to my readers.This is good for any purchase from the site.Just  use the code "blog" when you order!




I received the kit to assit in a review.The opinions are my own and the quoted information is from the site.



Have A Great Day

No comments: