Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Operation Kid- to-Kid

This week the kids have decided to go to Vacation Bible School.While I do not attend church,I am letting the kids chose their own beliefs.All 5 of them decided to give it a go this year and so every day this week -I get a break for 3 hours!

That is a great plus for me,but not why I am posting.The kids brought home a paper asking each of them to donate $3.00 as part of the Operation Kid To Kid program.This is an international mission project that allows hundreds of thousands of kids help children in Africa.The kids at the church will be creating special "God Loves Me" blankets.These thick,colorful and cuddly blankets will be distributed by World Vision along with backpacks filled with school supplies,health and hygiene products for orphans and vulnerable children.The kids are also doing Bible coloring books to send.

It is nice for the kids to participate in this and we have decided that they should donate out of their own money to better appreciate what they are doing.I expected complaints about this but so far they have kept quiet.You can visit the sites to find out more about both the program and World Vision if you are interested.


I was not compensated in any way for this post.




Have A Great Day

No comments: