Friday, June 11, 2010

My First Guest Post With Matt From Tiepedia




Today I am bringing you my very first guest post.This is a post from Matt's own site Tiepedia.Matt is obsessed with ties and wanted to bring his love of them to others.I asked Matt a couple of questions about how he got started with the love affair and am bringing his answers to you.

1.How did you get started wearing ties?
I started wearing ties for church, my family always went every Sunday. Then, I served a 2 year Mormon mission and wore a tie every single day for 2 years. After that I was really hooked on ties.

2.Where did you get your first one?
My first tie was from my dad, can't quite remember what it looked like. But, because he tied it once for me and then I would just slip it on and off because I didn't know how to tie it myself. I was probably around 6 or 7 when I stopped wearing clip on ties.

3.Do you have a favorite style or favorite tie?
I love stripes of all kinds, wide, small, curvy. Stripes are my favorite.


Matt has written a too cute post to go with fathers' day.Check out these fabulous cakes -



Not Your Ordinary Father's Day Ties

Monday, 31 May 2010 15:05
Tie Blog - Crafts

It may surprise some of you to hear what I am about to say, but it must be said. Not all guys want a tie on Father's Day. GASP! I know, I know, it sounds crazy... and I certainly am not one of those guys, but apparently it's true.

Listen to what Joseph Hurtado has to say, "there are only two types of men: those who hate ties, and those who grudgingly accept them as part of the job."

Blasphemy as far as I am concerned, but if you're Mrs. Hurtado you may want to think twice about getting Joseph a tie for Father's Day. How about baking him a delicious necktie cake instead? I don't think many men could resist that. Here are some sweet examples for you to consider! (Congrats to the cake artists who created these!)






These are just a few of the great ones in his post.You can see the entire thing here

Want to know what color tie is best,what the tie of the month is,or who wore what tie on an important day? Matt has devoted his time to bringing all this and more to you at Tiepedia!











Have A Great Day

No comments: