Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis-Book Review

I like to read a variety of different books just to keep it interesting.I usually go for something that has gotten good reviews or a cover that catches my eye.Recently,though,I was offered the chance to review The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis.This is not normally a book I would have tried,but I decided to give it a chance anyway.

The story is about a talented violinist,Amelia,who plays fiddle music on the side.She is just as good at both types of music,but is drawn to the country style fiddling over the more classic violin playing.Her father and agent,however,have no idea she plays fiddle and are insistent that she tour and perform all over the world.

After a secret performance at a country show where she is known as Amy Lee,Amelia takes a wrong turn in a storm and ends up stranded near a farmhouse in Hickory Hollow.Deciding she can't sit in the car all night,she runs to the house to discover an Amish man,Michael, is staying there.The two have an instant attraction and the emergency overnight stay turns into a getaway visit.Amelia (Amy) stays with a female friend of Michael's and her Amish family where she doesn't quite fit in.

After returning to her home and family,Amelia has some serious choices to make including her music career and her walk with god.She discovers a new belief in herself and is determined to follow the path she believes god intends for her.During this time neither her,nor her Amish friend can forget about the other,but both believe it was just a moment in the past.

I won't tell you the rest,so you can read the book yourself.I will say that I enjoyed reading this story and being reminded that sometimes we don't always know what paths your life may take.The glimpse into a different way of life was interesting and the story shows that just because we aren't all the same on the outside,we still have the same trials,worries and issues as everyone else.


***All opinions on my blog are my own and may not be the same as anyone else..that's why they are mine.I received a sample item thanks to Bethany House Publishers in order to write a fair and honest review.No other compensation was received and my opinions were not influenced by receiving the sample item***

No comments: