Friday, April 24, 2015

Big Top Cupcake Silicone Bakeware


My son just had to have a cupcake cake for his birthday this year, so I purchased this mold for that reason. When it arrived, it was a bit smaller than I had expected, but I had never made one of these before, so I was not exactly sure how large it should be. My mold and box arrived safely with no issues. The pieces are made of a thick silicone and it held it's shape nicely.

I wanted my cake to be as large as possible, so I followed the directions for the 2 mix cake. The directions are a little vague, not giving you exact measurements as to how much batter to fill the pieces with. When it was finished, I discovered that it could have used more batter and turned out bigger, but it did bake evenly and totally, so I was happy with that. I wanted to fill the center of my cake, so I was using the insert as well. I still could have added more mix to the bottom though, had I known it would not overflow.

The top piece was a different story. I filled it as directed, but it rose way too high during baking. I ended up with a mountain of cake, way above the top of the mold. I had to cut off the bottom of that cake to make the top part of the cupcake sit evenly on the bottom. It turned out great though and was nicely baked all the way through.

I filled the center of the cake with pudding, like my son asked for. The insert piece made this a snap because I already had a cavern to fill. I will say that it only fills a small portion of the cake and would probably me more fitting for something like ganache or caramel, but it still worked great. If you are going to fill this with pudding, jello or something soft or runny, I suggest not overfilling it, or the top of your cake may slide off the bottom when cutting into it to serve.

The cake was easy to remove from the molds and I didn't have any stuck parts or breaking . The top of the cupcake even comes out with a cute swirl pattern, all the way to the top. I loved the cupcake cake we ended up with. The mold is easy to use, you just have to take your time and find just the right cake size and method for you.

This would make a great gift for the parent or baker in your life, or just to have on hand for some awesome cake creations.
 

No comments: