Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Our Easter Weekend

This post is a little late but better than not at all. Our Easter was a little hectic, with several gatherings to attend. We tried to fit everything in the best that we could but it turned out to be a crazy time.





We started with a community egg hunt on Saturday morning. My oldest was over the age limit, but the younger two woke up early to go. They had fun gathering eggs and then we were off to the church for the Easter event there. They enjoyed the bounce house, food, games and of course, another egg hunt before heading inside to see the display on the Trials of Christ.


I claim no particular religion, but I feel it is necessary for me to allow my children to see religion from many different views. This was an interesting display for those that follow Christianity, and a life lesson even to those that don't.


We finished Saturday with dinner at my in-laws and came home exhausted. The kids loved gathering even more candy, toys and money from the eggs, and received some small gifts too.


Sunday morning we gave our children their baskets which contained some candy and snack items and a toy or something larger for each. We then had our fourth egg hunt, with my sister and her family, followed by pizza because I was just too worn out to cook!




It was a lovely weekend, even if busy, and I was glad to spend it with so many different people.

No comments: