Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

I debated about posting this since I am not so thrilled about getting older. In the end though, I figure it is better than the alternative, so here goes.

I am officially 34. As always my birthday is just days before Mother's Day and you never quite know which one will get the most focus. I just wait quietly to see how things will turn out either way.


My wonderful husband brought me some of my favorite cut flowers. I don't know what it is about those crazy daisies, but the bright colors make me smile every time. I would rather have them than a ton of roses, and bless him, he knows that about me.

I had mentioned before that he got me an iPad Air a few days early, so I wasn't expecting anything as far as gifts, but was thrilled with the chocolate silk pie he brought me. I do love me some chocolate.


He also drove around 30 minutes just to bring me back my favorite pizza. I know some of you might be thinking pizza isn't all that special for a birthday dinner, but it is my absolute favorite food and favorite place ever to get it from.


I also received several cute cards with money and checks from my mother, grandmother and my in-laws, and of course a little perverted card from the husband too. Thanks everyone!


No comments: