Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I am blessed with long hair that is perfectly straight. I say blessed because this means I don't have issues with tangles, knots and other issues some people have with theirs. The downside to this is that my hair refuses to hold curl of any kind. I have tried everything from curling and crimping irons to professional perms with no luck at all. This can be a hassle if you are looking for a little body and bounce from your hair.

I recently had a chance to try the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo, which I was hoping would help me with the flat hair issue.I also love to dye my hair and that results in damaged and dry locks, so I had multiple issues to address. Made from a mix of natural ingredients including Dead Sea Mud, Chamomile and Olive Oil, this shampoo is formulated to add hydration and moisture to the scalp, leaving you with healthier and more attractive hair, which is just what I needed.

When the shampoo first arrived, I instantly noticed the grey color of it. I guess I should have been expecting that, being a mud based product, but I admit I was a little leery about putting that grey stuff in my hair. Since I had agreed to review the product. I really had no choice, so I swallowed my fears and went ahead with it. Let me tell you, that was a great decision to make.

When I first applied this, and began lathering, it lent a very strange feel to my hair. It almost felt dry and tangled while washing which was the opposite of what I expected. Once I began to towel dry my hair, this got even worse. My hair seemed full of knots and tangles and felt almost straw-like to the touch. I was slightly concerned that it may have given me the opposite of what I was looking for, but once my hair dried all the way and I was able to brush it, I was amazed.

My hair felt softer and full of body. You could actually see a difference in how it laid and how thick it looked. The biggest change I noticed was the shine. Granted, my hair is bright red, so it has some shine of it's own just from the color. The shine I noticed after using this was totally different. My hair felt silky and it even had some sight curl to it, which I had never seen it do before. I noticed the change easily indoors, but once I stepped out in the sun, the change was stunning. The shine coming off of my head was amazing and it felt so much more healthy and alive to me.

I have used this product several more times since the initial use and each time it feels strange during, and right after use, but wonderful once it is clean and dry. I am assuming this has to do with the nutrients in the shampoo seeping into my hair. Whatever the cause, I love how this improved the look and feel of my hair and I will be using this shampoo every time I wash it.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: