Monday, August 29, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam






I tried the strangest sounding food this week,or strange to me anyway.Skillet Bacon Jam is a mix of Niman Ranch Bacon rendered with onions, balsamic and other spices.The mixture is then cooked and pureed until it becomes the spreadable, bacony,goodness that is Skillet Bacon Jam.





When I first opened this and showed it to the kids,they were a little unsure of it because of the look.I admit it does look a little strange, almost reminding me of  shredded beef or pork but with smaller meat pieces.I tried a small sample right out of the jar and was surprised with the taste.I don't know what I expected,but this was almost a  sweet, BBQ type flavor.The bacon was not too hard and the product is easy to spread.I gave this to the kids on toast with scrambled eggs and they loved it.My youngest son even tried to sneak the jar to his room,which is a raving review from him.

I liked the product,though I would love to see a variety with more of the bacon flavor and less of the spice,as I am not a fan of  BBQ flavored products.Even so,I would definitely eat this again.I could see it working great on a turkey sandwich or smeared on an onion bagel.I bet it would be good cooked into an omelette as well.I am excited to try different options to see how I like it best,but first,I have to go buy more because we have used most of this jar already!

For questions or inquiries,you can email to- eat@skilletstreetfood.com or stop by the website for more information


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: