Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Couldn't Put It Down-Marla Martenson "Diary of a Beverly Hills Matchmaker""


I love to read.I enjoy reading many different types of books from mystery to drama,romance to thrillers.I was recently given a book to review from Marla Martenson called Diary of a Beverly Hills Matchmaker.I admit,this is not my normal kind of book.The fact that the title contains the word "matchmaker" would normally send me running,but something about the description made me want to read it anyway.

As soon as I started reading it,I found myself making excuses to stop and read a little more.The book is basically little stories about the adventures of a..you guessed it..Beverly Hills Matchmaker.I loved the personality behind this book.I was able to feel the character as a person and that made the humor that much more appealing.Marla captures your attention with tales of the unreal expectations of the dating community today.I cannot imagine having to deal with some of the people in her stories.I don't have enough restraint for that job!

I liked that you are following the life of Marla as you read about her adventures.The result is a mixture of home and work,funny and real,that makes it hard to put down.I found myself being so grateful for a husband I love,who loves me, after seeing what the people in this book expect.Imagine being rejected by a man for having "only" a C cup or being over a size 2! 

This is a well written book that I'm going to pass along to my sister or cousins,I think they would enjoy it as much as I did! I plan to look for more books from Marla,starting with  Excuse Me Your Soul Mate is Waiting, in the future.


You can buy Diary of a Beverly Hills Matchmaker on Amazon for only $11.66 or get the Kindle edition for $9.99,either way I suggest grabbing this for yourself.This would be perfect for taking to the beach,on the bus,in the waiting room,etc.You can easily read a story in a few minutes and start a new one the next time you pick it up.

*I was given a copy of the book to assist in my review-Thanks Marla!.The opinions are my own.

No comments: