Monday, September 23, 2013

Have You Tried CARD.com?

I hate going to the store to purchase something and having to pay with my boring old debit card. It is plain black and has nothing fun or interesting about it. I always have the desire to add stickers, but they seem to get stuck in the card readers after awhile, and people aren't so fond of that. When I saw the fun cards I could get from Card.com, I was excited to finally have an interesting new card. Not only could I have a fun card, but it makes it much easier to spot in between all the other cards in my wallet.


Using a card from Card.com allows you to have the freedom of plastic, without the hassle of credit. Their cards offer a variety of services to make using it simple and affordable-

  • Free to order, activate and load
  • Free app and check deposits from your smartphone
  • Free direct deposit
  • Free card-to-card transfers, any time, anywhere, in seconds
  • No overdraft fees -- never goes negative!
  • Safer than cash - 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and 100% FDIC insurance on funds
  • No debt, financially responsible, no interest/credit/APRs
  • No credit check and approval in seconds
  • 22,000 in-network ATMs
There are a huge variety of cards to select from too.  I found Garfield, Bettie Page, Beetle Bailey, The Walking Dead, animals, flowers, flags and many more. You can search if you have something in mind or browse the selected categories. That is the one thing I would change about the site. I would prefer a more narrowed way of browsing because there are so many cards that it took me forever to go through them all. I would have loved more than just the suggested categories or some alternative way to choose.



As you can see my card looked exactly as the image did when it arrived. I love the detail in the picture and how much attention it gets when I use it. Activating the card was simple and it worked the first time I tried it. There is a fee of $5.95 per month, which can be waived if you deposit at least $800 within the first month. I am not so fond of fees, but this is less than the checking account fee for my debit card, so I can't complain.

These prepaid cards are perfect for those on a budget, anyone wanting to avoid overdraft fees, people just starting out or anyone who wants a fun style card of their own

*I was provided with a sample card and compensation for this post. All opinions are my own with information supplied by the sponsor.

No comments: