Monday, September 30, 2013

Betty Crocker Does It Again with Reese's, Hershey's and more!

Have you noticed the new packages of Betty Crocker mixes and icing in stores lately? I admit, I had not run across them before I received them for review, but now that I have, I can't wait to try them all!


I received a box of Hershey's cookies and cream cookie mix, a box of Reese's premium cupcake mix and a can of Hershey's chocolate icing. Yum! I was excited by these alone, so imagine my response when I discovered there are six varieties of mix and six icing options available including S'mores and Almond Joy too. This allows you to mix and match for your favorite flavor combinations. I am thinking some Reese's cookies with Hershey's icing would be good, or maybe Almond Joy frosting on S'mores cupcakes. I would love to see them add more options, especially a Reese's icing!


I wanted to try the cookies first. Just the thought of them made my mouth water. I loved the nice sized pieces of candy in the mix. As they baked, the candy mixed well with the batter and cookie bits for a nice creamy flavored cookie.


I love using Betty Crocker mixes because they are so simple to use. I normally have everything I need on hand anyway, which makes mixing one of them a snap. I use them for desserts and snacks all the time, so I was thrilled to see these new options!

I was also sent a cute cupcake decorating station and a plunger too. These allow you to remove the centers of cupcakes for filling, then use the station to decorate your cupcake creations. The plunger can double as an icing applicator and the station features two pieces, one for filling the included icing bags and the other for decorating. It is simple to sue and takes just minutes to clean up. 


“Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by Betty Crocker® through MyBlogSpark.” All opinions are my own from personal experience. 

No comments: