Sunday, June 9, 2013

What's For Dinner- Steak Fajitas with Shiitake Mushrooms

As promised I am bringing you another of my dinner posts. This is what I made for my family yesterday and it seemed to be a success.



I selected a piece of seasoned tip steak from Walmart and grabbed some Shiitake mushrooms, cheddar cheese, peppers and onions to go with it. I cooked the steak on the grill , which of course ran out of gas in the middle of cooking so I had to finish it on the stove. I sliced it to cook better and then cut it into thin strips for the fajitas.

I cooked the peppers and onions in olive oil, followed by the mushrooms so they would all be nice and flavorful. We then assembled our individual fajitas with meat, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms and whatever else they wanted added to them.

I served this with a nice garden salad topped with shredded sharp cheddar and a selection of dressings including fresh made blue cheese...yum!


No comments: