Sunday, February 10, 2013

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Christmas Special

I admit it, I watch Honey Boo Boo. I can't help myself. I had never seen it before and noticed my cousin mentioned it on Facebook. She said she couldn't imagine kids like that, or something of the sort, and knowing that she is a teacher and handles kids daily, I had to see what all the fuss was about.

The first time I watched the show, I think my mouth was open the whole time. I couldn't believe the things they said and did on television. I would be so embarrassed if my family acted that way and with no shame at all. I say this, yet I couldn't stop watching it...I still can't. My husband think I am crazy every time I put it on, and usually goes in the other room to play PlayStation.

I guess it might seem more normal if you are from that area, but to me it is just beyond imagination. I saw the episode where they attended the Redneck Games. Imagine a day filled with jumping in the mud and bobbing for raw pigs feet..gross! Trying on used costumes, running from mayonnaise, sleeping with a pig, a three thumbed baby...you just never know what the hell you are going to see on this show.

In twenty minutes of the Christmas Special, I have seen them decorate with a broken baby Jesus, shop for gifts at the flea market and fart proudly on television. I know all this from the subtitles because you cannot always understand what the hell they are saying. Oh and don't forget Sugar Bear hanging mistletoe everywhere in the hopes of getting some Christmas loving...wow!

No comments: