Sunday, October 21, 2012

Have You Played Telestrations?



I love playing games and doing activities.It is even more fun when you can do these things in groups with friends or family.One of our favorite ways to spend time together is by playing board games.There is such a large assortment of games that there is sure to be something for everyone.

Recently we had the chance to try a new game called Telestrations.When this game arrived,I had no idea what playing it was going to be like.I knew the directions likened it to the old telephone game,but that was about it.I am sure you remember standing in line and telling something to person the person next to you.That person then whispered it to the next person down the line and continued until you ended up with something that was usually way different than the original comment.I remembered this game bringing lots of laughs,but that was when I was a kid,so I didn't know if this new version would be fun to play or not.

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the fun we had.The game is easy to play once you get started and even though it was geared for older players,even my 6 year old was able to enjoy this game.
Each player grabs a dry erase book,a marker and wipe.You play by rolling a die,picking a card and drawing whatever it says on the number that matches the roll of the die.Each player has their own card so nobody  knows what the others are trying to draw.When the time is up,you flip the page and hand the book to the person next to you.Now each person tries to guess what the other has drawn.You write your guess on the page and flip to the next where you draw what you think they were trying to express.Then you pass,guess and draw again.

We played with several friends and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.We had a great time laughing at the results of our drawing skills and competing to see who could earn the most points by the end of the three rounds.Points are scored by ending the round with the same guess as you started with or awarded by each player to the others who drew the best picture or guessed the best answer.

* I was provided with a copy of the game in order to host a Telestrations party.No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.


No comments: