Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil

I have used products from the Tropical Traditions line before,but had never had the opportunity to try the  Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.Honestly,when I received the chance to review it,I wasn't even sure how I was going to use it.I love to try new things though,so I agreed to give it a go and see what I could come up with.
When my jar arrived,I was surprised at the size.I guess I am used to how small things have gotten in the store.I opened the jar right away to see how it looked and smelled.Of course,being me,I just had to taste it right out of the jar.That really wasn't such a great idea.It was kind of oily and I couldn't really get the taste of the coconut that way.

There are tons of uses for this oil including some great recipes you can try.


It tells you on the jar to store at or above 76 degrees to prevent it from solidifying but I didn't see that until mine had already changed.I noticed a big difference in the consistency of the oil if you let it reach the wrong temperature.The oil is extremely high in fat as well.Just 1 tablespoon contains 14 grams.Of course you aren't going to use it in giant quantities,so that may not be a huge factor.

Thanks to Tropical Traditions,one of you can win the same jar I received to try for yourself!

Mandatory Entry-
Subscribe to the sponsors newsletter

Extra Entries-1 each
Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter
Like me on GFC
Subscribe to this blog via email
Follow me on twitter
Vote on Picket Fence Blogs (button in sidebar)
Follow me on Pinterest

Giveaway ends May 15th at midnight.Please leave new comment for each entry
Open to people 18 and over in the US and Canada-(sorry everyone else)

*All opinions on my blog are my own and may not be the same as anyone else..that's why they are mine.
 **Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

No comments: