Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Great Kat Presents- Beethoven Shreds

I am a fan of different types of music. I have some that I just do not like, but for the most part, I am very versatile. Some of my favorite music includes rock, classical and alternative, making me a great fit to try The Great Kat's Beethoven Shreds.

Rated one of the greatest and fastest guitarists of all time, The Great Kat adds shred to some standard classical pieces. She has been mentioned in BuzzFeed, MusicRadar and honored with a star in the Guitar Hero Galaxy, according to Spin Magazine. Grabbing attention in Classic Rock, Guitar One and Elle magazines has only added fuel to her fire. This Juilliard Grad violin virtuoso demands your attention with these fast paced chords.

Featuring music like The Flight of the Bumblebee and Beethovens 5th Symphony, this is a whole different twist on the sound you are used to hearing. I knew it was going to be heavy just because of what it was, but I had no idea you could add that much metal to a classical piece. This is not for the faint of heart, and due to some of the lyrics, is is not intended for children either.

The only negative for me was that it has just seven songs. It seemed like it was over quickly, and I would have liked more. I guess I can't complain since it is priced at just $7.95 though. If you are a fan of alternative styles and don't mind the noise or lyrics, I would grab a copy and see for yourself.

No comments: