Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Circleville Pumpkin Show

If you live in Ohio,you have probably heard of the Circleville Pumpkin Show.Every year thousands of people come to our little town to go pure, pumpkin crazy.The festival is like any other small town street fair,only bigger and with a whole lot more people.The stands are full of pumpkin themed creations from food to clothing and more.I loved these carved pumpkins made of Styrofoam.They were between $20 and $60 each, but were really nice.
I don't get into the hype of it all,but I do like to eat festival food.Packed full of fat and calories,there is no better place for a nice,greasy snack.We walked past stands selling pork,beef and chicken along with a ton of  drink stands.I kept seeing signs that said Swiss fried cheese.I didn't know exactly what that was,but I decided to try it anyway.I paid $3.50 for a piece about 4 inches long.I shared it with my husband and we decided it was good,but not really worth the cost for one piece.
                                           Along the way I saw these. Aren't they beautiful!
Of course my husband had to grab a sandwich full of shredded steak,peppers and cheese but I still couldn't find what I was looking for.After about an hour of searching,I was about to give up when I finally saw the stand selling them.Deluxe Ribbon Fries..yum!




No comments: