Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Countdown to Surgery

I haven't really talked about my health issues too much,but figured I would mention that I may not be up to blogging for the next few days.I have surgery tomorrow,so we will see how it goes.Thankfully this is not a major surgery,but since I have sleep apnea too,I am still a little nervous about it.

The process is supposed to take and hour or two to finish and if all goes well I can come home late tomorrow evening.If any of you have had your foot fused to your ankle,I would love to hear how that worked out for you.The way I understand it they are going to drain fluid from around the ankle joint and remove the cyst that is in there.Then they will cut the bones at the right angles and screw them together.They are also checking the tendon/ligament/nerve damage and trying to repair that or at least see what can be done with it.The tests say the peroneal nerve is severely damaged and there are tears in the peroneal tendon,so I am not sure what they are doing with that.I will be sure to let you know after though.

Wish me luck!

No comments: