Friday, July 8, 2011

Wisharoo Park Review



I was recently sent some products for review that were a huge hit with the little ones in the family.Wisharoo Park is a new collection of fun for the kid in all of us. Wisharoo Park is not just another toy line.It is a total multimedia package for preschoolers and their parents!
I was sent 6 adorable little star shaped finger puppets in blue,yellow and purple to review.I was sure my 4 year old daughter would love these,as she is always wanting to do puppet shows,but to my surprise,my not -quite 2 year old nephew went wild over them too! I was able to give one of each color to both of them and they happily sat down to play.The puppets come ready to use with a cute little pocket on the back for their little fingers to slip into.The happy faces and bright colors grab the attention of the new owner and keep it too.I was amazed to see the 2 of them sit there for quite awhile playing and pretending with the star puppets.

I was also given a Wisharoo Park DVD to try out.I put in the disc and watched as the kids laughed and giggled with the too cute characters.I was surprised to see even my 8 and 10 year olds settle down to watch it too.The 2-disc DVD contains 13 episodes from Season 1,which focus not only on fun but on learning as well.The episodes aren't too long,which is great for little ones,yet long enough to be interesting.I like how they manage to include lessons and learning without making it seems like an educational thing.
My daughter really enjoyed the website.The first thing she wanted to try were the puzzles.She liked the fun and colorful characters,I liked that they come in 3 levels of difficulty to grow with her as she does.Next she tried the online coloring pages which can be printed for saving or for coloring with markers or crayons.While she did enjoy these,she wished there were more of the characters to choose from.Next up was music with Monkey B.This is a nice way to teach a little music to a child.The monkey character talks to you telling you what to do step by step.Starting with a single note and progressing to full lines,it allows your little one to feel like they have accomplished a big feat.Reagan's favorite activity was the Star Catcher game.This is a simple game where the child uses the mouse to aim the little colored stars at the matching targets.The targets change places for variety and play a little musical sound when the star hits the correct target.
Be sure to visit the store to order your own DVD and wish stars! Shipping is free and the price of the DVD is only $19.99.Add the set of 3 wish star puppets for only $9.99 more.  You can also sign up for the fantastic newsletter which is filled with family friendly activities, fun facts, crafts, contests, recipes, and terrific tips for boosting your child's self esteem and social skills. Signing up is free and your youngster will be sure to love it!


*I was given the mentioned items to assist in a review.No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: