Monday, February 8, 2016

Making Bacon Cheddar Ore-Ida Totchos

With a family of 5 , who all have different tastes, I often have to think out of the box for recipe inspiration. It is not often that I can serve something the basic way, somebody always prefers it altered or added to in some way.

Tater tots is one of the things I have to a little differently if I want everyone to be happy. It is simple to do, and you can personalize them to your own liking too. I use:

8oz sharp cheddar cheese- grated
2 oz crumbled bacon pieces
medium red onion chopped

Mix the cheese, bacon and onion together and set aside. I bake the tater tots to get them cooked inside, then pull them out and cover with the mixed ingredients. They go back in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese, remove and add cold toppings like sour cream, hummus, diced tomatoes and mushrooms, or whatever sounds good to you. That's it. Cheddar Bacon Totchos! Simple and quick, but tasty too.

*I was provided with a coupon for a FREE package of Ore-Ida tater tots to assist with my recipe. All opinions are my own.

No comments: