Monday, February 17, 2014

How Was Your Valentine's Day Weekend?

Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that sort of spill over to the days around it in our house. We always exchange cards and gifts on the actual day, but sometimes we do dinner or something on the closest day we can, depending on how it falls between school and work.

 This year we were lucky that it happened to fall on the weekend. This meant we could at least relax at home and watch a movie if we couldn't find anyone to keep the kids for a few hours. I made dinner for the kids and baked them some cute Valentine's Day cookies. We also gave them each a heart filled with chocolates after school. I know it isn't really a kids holiday, but I usually always get them something too.

I had ordered chocolates and a Realtree camo shirt for my husband, then grabbed the wooden ammo box he wanted with the deer carvings on it. He is always grabbing extra rounds to target shoot, so this was something he would actually get use out of, which I loved.

I got some beautiful flowers and dinner from my husband. (I am so glad some places allow you to pick up what would normally be a sit down meal.) This was followed by amazing truffles a balloon, card and some other things that are filed as private :) All in all it was a very nice evening. We even managed to squeeze in a movie before it was over. How was your weekend?


No comments: