Monday, May 20, 2013

Junkies Really Piss Me Off

I have a profound dislike for junkies. I am not saying that anyone who has ever taken a pill or smoked weed is a junkie. I am referring to those ragged out, broke down, looking like an extra for The Walking Dead kind of junkies. They piss me off.

I have recently discovered an increase in these creatures in the town where I live. We have heard of 3 different meth houses in our town lately, with one of them exploding not too long ago. This is a small town with a Speedway on both sides, and every time you go there, there is a junkie in the parking lot asking for change.

The problem I have with these people is not the fact that they have an addiction, it is the things they are willing to do to feed it. I just do not have it in me to understand the desire for a drug to the point that you will do unspeakable things for it. I cannot comprehend stealing from family, taking from your children or starving yourself just to get a fix....let alone some of the other things people will do. They always look like hell and don't seem to care about anything around them. They just annoy me.

If a junkie has kids, that is even worse. You can't tell me people don't know this freak is a drug addict. Running around with their kids looking ragged and hungry and even if you report it, they never do anything. How can you raise your kid like that? Ugh.

No comments: