Friday, May 20, 2011

A Horse to Love - Book Review


 I recently had the chance to review a book about horses from author  Marsha Hublers' Keystone Stables Series.I actually signed up for this for my step-daughter to read,but being a new author to me,I read it too.I have to admit it is geared for a younger audience so it was a very quick and simple read for me,but it was still a nice story.

A Horse to Love brings you the saga of a young troubled girl in desperate need of a savior.In and out of trouble,foster home to foster home,she creates havoc everywhere she goes.When a loving family makes one last attempt to show her that she is worth something,everything starts to turn around.

I found myself sympathizing with  Skye throughout the book.I can imagine how alone she feels and the instinct not to trust or get close to anyone.I like the fact that the author uses animals as a way to break through the wall around Skye.Brianna (my step-daughter) liked that the book was interesting but did not drag out.She actually wished it had been a little longer, but was thrilled when I told her there were more of them.

All in all,I think these are great books for the adolescent in your life.After reading the first one I wouldn't be afraid to buy more of these for Brianna.The content is safe for anyone to read and the style is easy enough for a younger audience,yet challenging enough as to not get boring for them.

There are currently 8 books in the Keystone Stables series and you can buy them direct from her site for only $9.25 each.Plus..right now you can get A Horse to Love for only $7.25!!

You can find out more about both Marsha and her fabulous horse stories here-

 marshahubler.com
Writers tips
Conference Information
Horse Facts Blog

*I was given a copy of the book to assist in my review.The opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amanda, for your fair review of A HORSE TO LOVE. If your stepdaughter orders the rest of the series, she'll get a beautiful 12" high plastic Appaloosa horse model with her purchase.
I was a foster parent and a horse owner for many years. The series, although fiction, is based on quite a few actual events. Foster kids and horses make a perfect match for wild stories! Thanks again.
Marsha

Anonymous said...

HANSON! RISA !LOWE! IRA! AUSTRIA! DELL! CHASE!
JOANN FORSTER! MAFIA!REMY GROSS! ANN COGHLAN! ANN BURTON! ANN COULTER! BA! QUEEN!
AK'S! OSIRIS -'OREGON! MATT WATT! TOM HANKS!
AEGEAN!!!!!!
MARCIA !
CHER!