Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Movie Reviews- 2012



I have to watch every apocalyptic movie that comes out.I don't necessarily believe that they will happen,but if they do,I want to know what will happen.For this reason alone,I have been waiting for 2012 and finally got around to seeing it,again thanks to Blockbuster  and their movie kiosk.

I was supposed to watch this with my husband,but he is notorious for falling asleep early on.I,however,watched the whole thing.

The movie starts out before the disasters begin,glimpsing the main characters and giving an idea of who is who .It is a bit slow early on,but does pick up later.The main point of the movie is that the earth is boiling from the inside out.This causes an eventual volcanic event that basically destroys everything.

There is ,of course,a way to survive.If you are lucky enough ( or rich enough),you can buy yourself a spot in the future.The worlds most powerful governments align to produce arcs that can withstand the forces and sustain the passengers until ..well until they figure out their next move.

I liked the movie for what it was.I think they did a better job of showing what happens then other movies of the same type.If fault lines start breaking up in the middle of stores,I am headed to Africa.

Have A Great Day

1 comment:

Adaptable Kay said...

Hm...Very interesting.
I may have to give this a watch just for the heck of it. Lol

Thanks for the review!